We know that running a successful practice is challenging even under the best circumstances. The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting our industry — our community — and it can feel overwhelming, especially in the face of rapid changes. It’s our hope that offering this list of resources will help veterinarians, practice managers, vet techs, and all veterinary professionals find the tools and information they need.
We have always been committed to supporting veterinary practices so you can focus on your patients and your clients, and our commitment is deepened with this latest challenge. Please reach out to us with any questions or ideas — we’re here to help.
Veterinary business resources
- View the Veterinary Industry Impact Tracker, a new data tool tracking the daily effects of COVID-19 on the veterinary industry, and other resources from VetSuccess, veterinary data and analytics experts.
- AVMA has a page for COVID-19 information and resources, including pet owner resources and legislation tracking, updated regularly.
- Check out these tips on emergency planning for your practice, from Dr. Andy Roark and practice manager Stephanie Goss. They cover accommodating the needs of your staff, updating hospital policies, adjusting patient intake protocols, and more.
- Lean on veterinary communities via online discussion groups, such as those on VHMA, LinkedIn, and Uncharted. (Note that some groups require a paid membership to view discussions and comment.)
General business resources
If you haven’t already, it’s a good idea to check your insurance policy to see if you have business interruption coverage. As well, some cities and counties have announced that they are offering grants and other resources to small businesses affected by the pandemic — check with your local agencies to see what might be available.
- Forbes has put together a list of free software resources, such as videoconferencing and workflow management, updated regularly, as well as a list of small business relief programs.
- Stay updated on the latest CDC guidance for businesses and employers, including reducing workplace transmission and policies to support staff and business operations.
- COVID-19 Small Business Resources from SBDC provides consulting services, OSHA updates, and IRS relief information.
- Facebook has created a Business Resource Hub with information and tips on staying connected to your clients and community.
- Keep track of policy and legislation with this COVID-19 Policy Tracker.
- The Chamber of Commerce has articles on managing employees’ fears, what to do when people can’t work remotely, and other topics.
Our teams are here to support your practice, whether you need help getting started or advice on making the most of your program.
- Your account manager is available to consult with you on your home delivery program and how to best use it to support your clients and your business. If you can’t find their contact information, reach out to us at [email protected] and we’ll get you connected.
- Our Practice Support team helps you manage the day-to-day aspects of your program. They can update your account, handle order-related questions, and more. Call them at (877) 738-8883, option 2, or email [email protected]. Please note we are currently experiencing high call volumes, so you may want to first try our chat feature located in Practice Home.
- The Pet Owner Care team provides a variety of assistance to your clients, including taking orders and updating AutoShip orders. They’re available at (877) 738-4443 or [email protected].