Last modified: October 13, 2022
OVERVIEW. This Privacy Notice, effective as of the date listed above, outlines the privacy policies with regard to the Mobile Application (the “Application”) developed by Vetsource doing business as Vet2Pet™ (hereafter “Vet2Pet”) as custom-branded for and offered to you by your veterinary service provider (hereafter “Provider”). Vet2Pet provides information collected through the Application to your Provider, and this Privacy Notice discusses how both parties may use and disclose information collected through the Application. Provider and Vet2Pet respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through compliance with this Privacy Notice. Throughout the remainder of this Privacy Notice, unless otherwise specifically stated, references to “we”, “our” and “us” refer to how Vet2Pet and your Provider will treat your information as it relates to the use of the Application.
PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE WILL TREAT IT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, REGISTER WITH, OR USE THIS APPLICATION. BY DOWNLOADING, REGISTERING WITH, OR USING THIS APPLICATION, YOU AGREE TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE. THIS NOTICE MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS APPLICATION AFTER WE MAKE CHANGES IS DEEMED TO BE ACCEPTANCE OF THOSE CHANGES, SO PLEASE CHECK THE NOTICE PERIODICALLY FOR UPDATES.
This Privacy Notice describes:
- The types of information Vet2Pet or your Provider may collect or that you or your Provider may provide to the Application when you download, install, register with, access, or use the Application
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Notice applies only to information we collect in this Application, or in e-mail, text, and other electronic communications sent through the Application. This Notice DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect on any other Vet2Pet apps or websites, including websites you may access through this Application.
- You provide to, or is collected by, any third party, with the exception of your Provider.
Our website, your Provider’s website, and other third parties have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
CHILDREN AND MINORS UNDER THE AGE OF 18. The Application is not intended for children and minors under 18 years of age (collectively referred to in this Notice as “Minors”). Moreover, we do not knowingly collect personal information from Minors. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a Minor without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a Minor, please contact both your Provider at the address provided at the end of this Privacy Notice and contact Vet2Pet at: legal@vetsource.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT. We collect information from and about you as a user of our Application: (a) directly from you when you provide it to us; and (b) automatically when you use the Application.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US. When you download, register with, or use this Application, we may ask you to provide:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”).
- Information that is about you or your pet, but individually does not identify you, such as the age of your pet, the type of pet you own, or medications your pet uses.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by completing forms in the Application. This may include information provided at the time of registering to use the Application, posting material, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information at other times, including if you report a problem with the Application.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Application, such as the fulfillment of orders you may place or appointments you schedule through the Application. Your search queries on the Application.
- Data you provide to your Provider through the Application.
- Any other information that you may provide to us through the Application.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (“Posted”) on public areas of websites you access through the Application, such as “Selfie Shots” (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT NO SECURITY MEASURES ARE PERFECT OR IMPENETRABLE. ADDITIONALLY, WE CANNOT CONTROL THE ACTIONS OF THIRD PARTIES WITH WHOM YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SHARE YOUR USER CONTRIBUTIONS. THEREFORE, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOUR USER CONTRIBUTIONS WILL NOT BE VIEWED BY UNAUTHORIZED PERSONS.
FINANCIAL INFORMATION. If your Provider enables a feature in the Application that allows you to submit a credit application or credit card payment directly to a financial institution or payment processor (collectively, a “Third Party Vendor”), and you take advantage of this feature, you are connected directly to the Third Party Vendor to supply the requested financial and other personal information. The Application does not transmit to Vet2Pet, and Vet2Pet does not otherwise access or collect, the financial and other personal information that you supply to a Third Party Vendor or to your Provider when completing a credit application or submitting a credit card payment. When you submit financial or other personal information for purposes of a credit application or payment to your Provider, such information is not stored on a computer maintained or used by the Vet2Pet Application. In order to collect your financial and other personal information for the credit application or payment through the Vet2Pet Application, the Third Party Vendor collects such information using an Application Program Interface (“API”). The API is controlled by the Third Party Vendor and not by Vet2Pet. Vet2Pet cannot access the information you supply on or through the Third Party Vendor’s API. You should look for and carefully read the Privacy Notice supplied by the Third Party Vendor to whom you submit information for a credit application or credit card payment for your Provider’s services. Vet2Pet cannot and does not guarantee the privacy of any Third Party Vendor APIs, computers, webpages or other technology. NEVER COMMUNICATE YOUR FINANCIAL OR OTHER SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION (SUCH AS A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, CREDIT CARD OR BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER OR GOVERNMENT ISSUE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER) TO YOUR PROVIDER, VET2PET OR ANYONE ELSE USING A CHAT BOX, EMAIL, VOICE MEMO, A SOCIAL MEDIA POST OR OTHER UNSECURED COMMUNICATION.
AUTOMATIC INFORMATION COLLECTION AND TRACKING. When you download, access, and use the Application, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Application, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Application, including the number of visits or sessions, the date, time and length of each session, the resources and features you access or use, the number of clicks in the Application and other Application usage data. We collect this information using application traffic data tools, computer logs and similar data logging tools. This information helps us assess the Application’s performance, address bugs and make improvement modifications to push out Application updates.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number. This information helps us assess the Application’s performance, address bugs and make improvement modifications to push out Application updates.
- Stored Information and Files. The Application also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device that you give us permission to access. This may include, for example, the camera and photographs, audio and video clips and personal contacts (if any) stored in the email application that you use on your device. The Application’s access to this information allows you to take advantage of certain features such as uploading photos of your pet or communicating with your Provider.
- Location Information. This Application does not collect real-time information, also referred to as GPS data, about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect any information, do not download the Application or if you already downloaded the Application then delete it from your device.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your mobile device. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Application.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Application and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Vet2Pet, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Application statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Application content and verifying system and server integrity).
THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION COLLECTION. When you use the Application or its content, certain third parties may use or collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
Vet2Pet does not supply advertisements to your Provider. However, your Provider may send you push notifications with an advertisement of a product or service with a link to a third party’s website. These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. WE DO NOT CONTROL THESE THIRD PARTIES’ TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES OR HOW THEY MAY BE USED. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT AN ADVERTISEMENT OR OTHER TARGETED CONTENT, YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE YOUR PROVIDER DIRECTLY.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Application and its contents, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, such as placing orders or providing medication reminders or refills.
- Give you notices about your account.
- Notify you of information relevant to your pet, or process information related to your use, if any, of the loyalty card program.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when Application updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Notify you of offers for products or services that you may be of interest to you.
- Provide aggregated data to veterinary industry partners.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Application and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Application according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Application.
INFORMATION SUPPLIED TO YOUR PROVIDER. Your Provider may use your information to contact you about goods and services available from your Provider or a third party that may be of interest to you. IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE PROVIDER TO USE YOUR INFORMATION IN THIS WAY, PLEASE DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR USE THE APPLICATION. Your Provider may use information collected in the Application to display advertisements to the advertisers’ target audiences. Even though Vet2Pet and your Provider do not disclose your personal information to third parties for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Vet2Pet’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Vet2Pet about the Application users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you place an order through the Application, we will use your personal information to fulfill that order.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information with your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the End User License Agreement.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Vet2Pet, your Provider, our customers, or others.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website. Residents in certain states, such as California, may have additional personal information rights and choices.
The Application, as provided by Vet2Pet to your Provider, does not include widgets or plug-ins used by Vet2Pet to track & collect your personal information for purposes of reselling it to third parties. If you use a chat or messaging feature supplied by Vet2Pet in order to communicate with your Provider, the information exchanged in such chats or messages is exchanged and stored on a computer server that hosts the Vet2Pet chat or messaging feature. Vet2Pet does not track, monitor or access information contained in your chats or messages with your Provider for purposes of marketing or reselling your information to third parties. Vet2Pet does not sell user data. NONETHELESS, DO NOT COMMUNICATE FINANCIAL OR SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO YOUR PROVIDER OR ANYONE ELSE USING A CHAT OR MESSAGING FEATURE. VET2PET CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRIVACY OF YOUR SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION ONCE YOU SUPPLY IT TO YOUR PROVIDER OR TO ANYONE ELSE.
YOUR STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS. State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of the Application that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request send an email to [email protected] or write us at 9500 NE Cascades Pkwy, Portland, OR 97220.
DATA SECURITY. We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password for access to certain parts of the Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Application. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE. We may update our privacy Notice from time to time. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will post the new privacy Notice on this page. The date the Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
CONTACT INFORMATION. To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Notice and our privacy practices, contact:
Your Provider or Vetsource at:
9500 NE Cascades Pkwy, Portland, OR 97220
Email: [email protected]